This course takes place outdoors over 2 days including spending a night camping in a tent or under a tarp so please dress accordingly. What we recommend is only meant as a guide to help you
prepare for your adventure. We suggest;
- Sleeping bag, a sleeping mat and a woolly hat for the night time.
- Enough clean & dry clothes for your 2 day stay. Remember to have at least one full set of dry clothes to change into if the clothes you are wearing become soaked.
- A warm jacket/coat for the evening.
- Torch, wash kit.
During the day
- Waterproof and comfortable footwear - wellington boots, walking boots or something you don't mind getting dirty or wet if it rains.
- Good comfortable trousers. Please consider that denim soaks up water if it gets wet, making jeans cold and uncomfortable should it rain.
- Long sleeves and trousers are a good idea to stop the insects bites if we have a few bugs flying about.
- Shirts, hoodys, jumpers and a coat to keep you warm, dry and comfortable.
- A set of waterproof trousers & jacket if you have them, or if not at least a good jacket and umbrella to keep any rain off you.
- Don't forget a camera!
- Please bring your own meals for 2 lunches, 1 evening meal, 1 breakfast and any snacks and drinks you may want during your Adventure.
Try to bring food which requires the minimum of preparation and the least amount of cooking pots. We have pots and pans, plates, cups and cutlery for everyone's use. If you would like
advice on the best foods to bring please ask.
Suggested Menu - Intended as a guide for ease and simplicity.
All cold foods which require no heating are a great idea. Sandwiches, salads, breads, quiches and breakfast pastries etc.
- Pre prepared meals such as pre cooked but frozen meals such as stews, curry's, chilli con carne, bolognese and casseroles etc are simply to re-heat from frozen and only use 1 pot.
- All dried foods such as pasta, boil in the bag rice, noodles with a sauce.
Cold foods such as pastries, fruit and cereals.
Cooked foods such as sausages, burgers, bacon, beans, pancakes and porridge.
- Cold foods such as sandwiches, wraps, cakes and snacks.
- Cooked foods such as soup, noodle, pasta, rice, burgers and sausages.
Evening Meal - suggested to have a hot meal
Frozen meals to reheat.
Jacket potatoes wrapped in tin foil in the fire 15-20 minutes.
Pasta, noodles, rice etc with a sauce.
We will have plenty of tea, coffee, milk and fresh water available throughout.
Please bring with you anything you feel may make your camp as comfortable as possible. If you're unsure what to bring please just ask and we'll advise you.